No Plane No GainSeptember 25, 2014
Top Ten CEOs Stand Up for Business Aviation in No Plane No Gain Initiative.
Ten highly respected CEOs from some of the country's most dynamic and widely known companies have unambiguously affirmed how business aviation works for their companies, in an advocacy program called "Top Ten," sponsored by the No Plane No Gain campaign. The CEOs' testimonials have been published in an easy-to-share booklet, also titled Top Ten, and are used to promote the No Plane No Gain message in print ads, online ads and other placements.
"Everything we and others are saying about the positive benefits of business aviation – to communities, to companies, to countries – it's all true," said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. "We have the data to prove it. We have the voices to tell it."
Following an introduction by golf legend, businessman and No Plane No Gain spokesman Arnold Palmer, the 10 CEOs featured in the booklet are:
- Frederick W. Smith, Chairman and CEO, FedEx Corporation
- Andrew C. Taylor, Executive Chairman, Enterprise Holdings
- Ellen Kullman, Chair of the Board and CEO, DuPont
- Louis R. Chênevert, Chairman and CEO, United Technologies Corporation
- David M. Cote, Chairman and CEO, Honeywell
- Thomas Frist, Jr., Founder, HCA
- Jimmy W. Hayes, President and CEO, Cox Enterprises
- Clayton M. Jones, Chairman of the Board, Rockwell Collins
- Thomas J. Donohue, President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Warren E. Buffett, CEO, Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
The company leaders featured in the Top Ten booklet represent brands that are household names, in sectors as diverse as telecommunications, finance, healthcare, transportation and manufacturing. Each of them provides key reasons for using business aviation, including:
- Enhance Productivity
- Go Multiple Places in a Day
- Go Global
- Travel Securely
- Stay Connected
- Effectively Manage Distant Facilities
- Beat the Competition
- Build Strong Relationships
- Connect Companies and Communities
- Get "Face to Face"
For example, Frederick W. Smith, chairman and CEO of FedEx, notes that, "Business aviation has been an integral part of FedEx's success since the day we were founded," adding that today business aviation is a "force multiplier" for his company.
Similarly, Andrew C. Taylor, executive chairman of Enterprise Holdings, states that "using business aircraft allows us to visit three and four cities in a single day, and that's just not possible with any other mode of transportation."
No Plane No Gain is jointly sponsored by NBAA and the General Aviation Manufacturers Association to help policymakers and the public understand the value of business aviation. Learn more at www.noplanenogain.org